Hear the music for the first time
Gondul, the goddess of Valkyrie was sent to earth to bring back the spirits of famous kings who fell in battle. This new Gondul will lift your spirits with sight and sound never before obtainable. This multi-format disc player and multi-channel pre-amplifier is a no compromise solution to both your audio and video needs. Listen, and you'll literally hear the music for the first time. Look, and you'll see the details you've been missing.
Gondul plays all standard formats; CD/SACD/DVD-Audio/DVD-Video/MP3 etc. Its modular design allows the customer to choose his own plug-in boards. Currently, the following modules are available; 3 DAC Boards providing different levels of performance, analogue input board, and video board. Currently in development are also a DSP board and a two channel ultra high performance board.
The player has a built-in analogue volume control that gives the highest obtainable performance at all levels. A large toroidal transformer is the heart and foundation for a carefully designed power supply. Gondul has 3 digital inputs and 3 digital outputs.
- Multi-channel DVD Audio playback
- Multi-channel SACD playback (1 bit)
- The player is fitted with two Crystal DACs per channel in a balanced differential configuration.
- MP3 playback capability
- Bass Management
- 3 Digital Outputs
- Fully modular design, allowing upgrade to level 2 and 3
- An up-sampling circuit gives the customer an ability to choose between 44.1, 48, 96 and 192 kHz. Jitter elimination by asynchronous re-clocking produces, almost, jitter free playback; (0-10 ps).
- 3 digital inputs (AES/EBW - Toslink - SPDIF)
- Fully separate conversion for SACD, DVD-Audio and other audio formats. Gondul is here fitted with 4 selected 24 bit PCM 1704-k DACs from Burr-Brown. They are symmetrically configured in a balanced mode.
- For SACD-mode; 4 DACs, two per channel in a differential balanced mode (Burr-Brown DSD 1792).
- Digital filter DF 1706 handles 192 kHz 24 bit. Sample ratio for DA-conversion 768 kHz 24 bit. Discrete Current/Voltage conversion.
Analog Input Board
An analogue input board is available. It will turn Gondul into a complete preamplifier with 1 balanced input (XLR) and 3 single ended inputs (RCA).
VEM (Video Enhancement Module)
- PureCinema Progressive Scan (2-3 Pulldown)
- 216 MHz/12 bit VideoDAC for high quality DVD pictures
- Twin-wave laser pickup for CD/Video
- 16 video parameter adjustments with 3 user memories
- 3 factory video settings (CRT/PDP/Professional)
Download the Bladelius Gondul user manual (PDF, 890 kB).