Digital has never sounded this analog
|Distortion||< 0.001% Thd|
|Output Level||2.5v @0db|
This is the first in a series of small accessory products that we are planning to add to the Bladelius product line. This is not just another new USB DAC. We have put a lot of effort into making the USB DAC as analog in its performance as possible. Therefore we chose to use a digital filter of minimum phase type instead of the more common linear phase type which always gives pre-ringing (see picture 3) We use an alternate version of minimum phase to further improve the performance.
Our goal has been to really include everything that is possible to get the best sound from your computer.
- Accepts data up to 24 bit/192 kHz
- USB powered
- Asynchronous USB transfer, re-clocking with a fixed low jitter crystal clock
- Galvanic isolation between USB and the analog circuits, which means no noise from the computer will be transferred to your amplifier
- Super low noise power supply with multistage regulation and filtering
- For low out of band noise we use low order modulator
- For a more "analog" behavior (no pre-ringing) we use a digital filter with minimum phase
- The analog output stage is a high performance stage with high drive capability
Web download of the original USB-DAC software.
Latest version: BDG 3-22 (improved digital filter)